Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Home

It is already dark outside. I can see nothing but small bulbs from afar, passing away. Nothing can be more boring than that view I see through the dewy window glass. 

I straighten my legs and sigh. I feel so exhausted yet I can't sleep. I have been trying to close my eyes for hours but I can still hear the noise made by the carriage wheel, rubbing against the railway.

It's half past 1. One more station, then I'll be arriving in my destination. The place that I suppose to call 'home'. 



Home.

Should I call it so?

Well,
It is not the place where I feel loved and secure.
Neither it is a place where I could be my self.
It's not the place I feel bad to leave and happy to come back. The fact is, it's otherwise.

If home is where my heart is, then it is wherever away from that thing consists of walls and a welcome mat.

The noise of the carriage wheels is somehow fading away. I feel the train is getting slower and slower until it stops. Here it is, my destination. I sit still. 

Should I go?

My mind is telling me to move but my heart is telling me to sit still and escape. 
I look out to the window and a bit surprised to meet happy eyes staring at me. I recognize those faces. The faces I've been seeing for years since I was born.

I close my eyes for a moment to think. I could hear two voices, shouting each other in my mind until one fade away. I have made my decision. I open my eyes. Without even giving any single glance, I look away from those faces. 

Right at the moment I hear my name being called, the door is closed and slowly I feel the train starts to move forward. 

And I am on my way home, away from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment