Those eyes were staring at mine.
I thought I would look away in fear.
Instead I stare still with my gaze.
I feel nothing.
Those eyes were staring at mine.
I thought I would clench my fists in anger.
Instead I found them so relaxed.
I feel nothing.
Those eyes were staring at mine.
I thought I would sicken in disgust.
Instead I stand upright not even sweating.
I feel nothing.
Then he walked away and I couldn't help but smile bitterly.
He didn't even realize he left his shadows inside me.
Staining my soul, strangling me all my life.
Still, I feel nothing.
My head was filled with thousands voices echoed,
"Why? Why? Why?"
Despite all the noises, I heard one whispers,
"You have won."
Then I felt something filled my soul with warmth.
I felt something and I recognize it.
As I came to realize that I am not familiar with hatred,
I smiled over my inhumanity.
No comments:
Post a Comment