Sunday, December 10, 2017

Insignificant

On 4-7 December, my artwork entitled 'Insignificant' was exhibited on PENAGAMA, an annual art exhibition held at PKKH UGM by Unit Seni Rupa UGM (USER UGM). The theme of the event was  "How A Human To Be."
It was my first installation artwork.


With the help of some friends (and strangers!), I finished my work in two days and two nights. At first, I didn't intend to make the display table by myself but turned out I couldn't afford to buy the display cube or to hire a craftsman. It was so challenging for me as I have never tried to sew nor hammer ever. 



I regard this work as a monument. It's a reminder of the personal crisis I went through when I questioned about the significance of my existence in the universe. I hope anyone who see my work can learn something from it. 

Me, Kevin, Atha and her t'win posing in front of Atha's work.
There were some of my friends whose artworks were exhibited as well. 

At last I want to thank everyone who helped me along the process and everyone who appreciate the result. Kevin, Robet, Mas Tomi, Atha, Eka, Fadhil, Teguh, the organizers, the visitors, and many more. 



I got this woven scarf and a bracelet from NTT. It was given by Mas Didiet as an appreciation of my work. I don't even know him and we have never met. He was a friend of my friend, Atha.
But I am so pleased. Thanks a lot, Mas Didiet.


Now, I am looking for any submission and expect my work to be shown in another exhibition because I don't want my hardwork end up in the stockroom too soon haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment