I was miles away when the screen suddenly went blank and the lights went on. Everyone rises from their seat with their hands clapping. I startled and quickly shake my head to get out of my reverie.
Still in confusion, I join the standing crowd, contributing the noise with an awkward applause.
The movie must be so amusing as giggles and laughter fill the room with warmth.
And I must have lost track.
To appraise, the movie was great and amazing.
Yet it left me no feeling of amusement. I neither feel fascinated nor impressed. But it was not about the movie. And I have no sentence as the reason.
I look around my surrounding.
Scanning the spacious room, I am hoping to find another pair of eye with empty stare among this crowd.
So I am the only one.
In between hundreds soul, mine is the only one numb.
I sit still when the others rise from their seat and start to begone. One by one they pass me, leaving my knees warm as they nudge my leg.
But the warmth ends there, on the surface of my skin.
Deep inside, it was another universe. It's empty, quiet and bitter. Even the cold soul itself is shivering.
I smile bitterly, realizing how pathetic myself is.

No comments:
Post a Comment